Human Rights

How lecturer Ibrar was killed outside his institution of teaching in Nankana Sahib?

Islamabad: Four months have passed since his son was shot dead by two unidentified persons outside Government High School Nankana Sahib, a highly sensitive area of Punjab, but police could not arrest his murderers, said Zulfiqar Ali, father of the victim lecturer, Muhammad Ibrar, while talking to The Reporters.

The location where they killed his son is a highly sensitive area of Nankana Sahib and security cameras are also installed at each nook and corner, which could help the police in the immediate arrest of accused but the police neither handled security camera footage properly nor recorded statements of witnesses, he said.

Muhammad Ibrar had done BS in Mechatronic Engineering and he was teaching at Punjab Group of Colleges Nankana Sahib as Physic lecturer. He was outside a local mosque after offering “Taraweeh” when he received a call of his college accountant and went …but never returned.

According to Ibrar’s uncle, Abdul Ghafoor, two unidentified persons equipped with weapons were brutally beating his nephew outside his school and as he rushed towards them to rescue his nephew, one of the attackers opened fire and fled leaving Ibrar dead on the spot.

He said that he visited the school to know why Ibrar left again for the institution once he had returned as he usually stayed at home after his return from job. But when he reached near the school, he saw two people severely beating him.

Since the brutal murder of his son, Zulfiqar Ali has been making repeated visits to the Nankana Sahib PS, but investigation officers neither refused him for the investigation nor taking interest in the investigation process.

On each visit, he has been told that the case investigation is in progress and the accused will soon be arrested, the grieved father narrated his four months ordeal.

Zulfiqar Ali said notwithstanding the police department is equipped with latest technology tools; traditional methods were adopted to investigate his son’s murder case. He added that if the investigation officers used latest techniques, mystery behind his son’s murder would have been solved and accused would have been arrested.

The victim’s father says, “What will be more painful for a father than this is that his son has been killed and his murderers are at large.” He said that his son was his entire life investment, asking who will support him in this age.

The victim’s father has appealed to Prime Minister Imran Khan, Chief Minister Usman Buzdar, and Interior Minister Ijaz Shah to take notice of the brutal murder of his son and direct the police for speedy investigation so that he can at least get to know the mystery behind his son’s murder.

A local source who is well aware about the development in the murder case and undergoing police investigation said that it was the local police who allegedly planned an attack on the police station in order to facilitate an alleged murderer of lecturer Ibrar. He said that the police have allegedly taken money from the accused party.

In the FIR, Abdul Ghafoor states that two unidentified persons were brutally beating his nephew Ibrar at the main gate of his college and as he ran towards them to rescue Ibrar, one of the attackers opened fire at him and fled leaving him dead on the spot.

The Nankana Sahib police have registered a blind-murder case under section 302/34 but allegedly stopped investigation into the case after recording initial statement of the colleague accountant. The source said that the police had apparently closed the case after initial investigation alleging that no other evidence such as geofencing, footage of security cameras installed at the college gate and tower located collected.

It is to mention here that the blind-murder incident took place on April 27 this year and so far three to four investigation officers have been transferred due to their poor performance in the case. Now a DSP rank officer is investigating the lecturer murder case but no development into the case was made till the filing of this report.

How the blind-murder was investigated by Nankana police?

Initially Inspector Abdul Khaliq of Nankana Sahib PS initiated investigation. He called a college accountant, identified as Shah Jahan, for investigation and he was released after recording his statement. Neither CDR nor fingerprints of the accountant were taken.

Two months later investigation officer Abdul Khaliq was transferred owing to his poor performance and the blind-murder case was handed over to Inspector Saleem. However, Inspector Saleem instead of speeding up the investigation straight forwardly told the victim’s father that you are an elderly man and pursuing his son’s murder case would not be possible for him.

Later Inspector Saleem was also transferred and ASI Shehzad was appointed as investigation officer. Shehzad though made some development through investigating the case from different angles, but he could not get a clue about the murderers.

Now DSP Nankana Usman is investigating the lecturer Ibrar’s murder. When DSP Usman approached, he said that he cannot disclose the information related to the case. However, he said the police will soon resolved the mystery behind the murder.

Back to top button